PARKROYAL Penang Resort supports Earth Hour 2012
All associates at PARKROYAL Penang Resort were geared up and excited to support this year’s Earth Hour initiative for the fourth consecutive year by minimizing non-essential lighting. In addition, the resort also lined up many activities and special rewards for guests who dine at Tamarind Brasserie.
On 31 March 2012 from 8.30pm – 9.30pm, non-essential public area lighting in PARKROYAL Penang Resort were minimized or switched off. This included areas like the driveway, guestroom corridors, outlets and at the heart of the house. The hotel also encouraged all guests to join in by also switching off the lights in their rooms.
To commemorate the day, the hotel prepared some special promotions for guests, such as:
1. 50% discount off Cocktail of the Month – during this special hour!
2. Performance by ‘Melody Makers Strollers’ in Tamarind Brasserie to serenade the guests during the special hour at the Seafood Buffet Dinner.
3. All outlets were lit up by candles using recycled cooking oil
4. Public areas were also lit by candles including swimming pool using special floating candles
5. Complimentary “Moonlight” shoulder massages were given to guests at Tamarind Brasserie during the night
“Energy conservation continues to be one of our main social corporate responsibility efforts and observing Earth Hour reinforces our commitment towards that,” says Mr. Francois Sigrist, General Manager. “As the hotel is also practising other green initiatives such as water saving efforts by encouraging guests to minimize the washing of towels and bed linen, ultimately, we hope that every bit of awareness and support will go towards making a positive difference to our associates as well as our guests.”