Assistant Reservations Manager
PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur
PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur is managed by Pan Pacific Hotels Group. Centrally located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur’s prime business, shopping and entertainment districts, it is only 45 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and a stone's throw away from the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC).
The Hotel offers a collection of 426 well-appointed rooms including 348 Superior, Deluxe and Suite rooms and 78 Orchid Club rooms & Suites which were added to the inventory in April 2008. The Orchid Club lounge on Level 6, is the largest lounge of its kind in the city, offering exclusivity, relaxation and personalised service.
The hotel offers a large choice of meeting rooms’ space ranging from small, medium to large meetings, with 2 ballrooms and 12 meeting rooms totaling over 2,000 square metres of space. Leisure facilities include St. Gregory Spa, a fitness centre, an outdoor swimming pool and dining options, which include 4 restaurants and a lounge.
Reporting to the Reservations Manager, the successful incumbent is responsible to ensure high standard of reservations management, channel management and pricing is implemented and practiced at the Hotel by optimizing yield to achieve budgeted RevPAR targets for the Hotel
• Responsible to ensure that Reservation team are always aware of rooms occupancy and ensure no turn away room booking without directive from the Director of Revenue Management or Reservations Manager.
• Responsible of controlling rooms’ allotment for travel agents.
• Responsible for checking, amending and updating traces on daily basis.
• Responsible for cross checking of daily arrivals list and correspondences.
• To ensure that all incoming reservation requests and telephone inquiries are handled accurately and efficiently by the Reservations Executive / Clerks.
• To manage operational duties and assist in administrative duties pertaining to booking, tracing, charging, handling and inputting reservations.
• To review daily arrival list for next day and ensure necessary correspondences for the purpose of billing are present and all information are correctly updated.
• To monitor PayMaster accounts forwarded by the Front Office Department.
• To ensure all reservation bookings received by the Reservations Executive / Clerks is keyed in Opera PMS in a timely manner and replied to guests within a maximum of 24 hours.
• To alert the Director of Revenue Management or Reservations Manager of any sudden fluctuation in occupancy level.
• To liaise and interact with Sales team pertaining to rooms booking.
• To control usage of all equipment and tools related to daily operations in the Reservation Department.
• To train and supervise the Reservations team as to maximize productivity and boost morale within the department and consistently maintain discipline and regulations set forth by the Hotel.
• Possess Certificate / Diploma in Hotel Management / Hotel Operations / Front Office Operations or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of working experience in Reservation Department of a reputable 4 or 5 star Hotel
• Excellent command in written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia
• Possess pleasant personality, good interpersonal and communication skills
• Positive work attitude and able to work in a team environment
• Strong knowledge of OPERA system is an advantage for this position
• Strong leadership skills and qualities are required to lead the Reservations team
• 5 days flexible work week
• Open to Malaysian only
How to Apply
Interested incumbent may apply by sending in their detailed resume, stating current and expected salary with a most recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified