PARKROYAL on Beach Road, Singapore
ABOUT PARKROYAL ON BEACH ROAD
Located conveniently in downtown Singapore, a stay at PARKROYAL on Beach Road hotel places you in the vicinity of Marina Bay – the doorstep to the city’s premier business and leisure destinations.
Get to popular world-class Singapore attractions such as the Merlion and the Esplanade easily within minutes, or explore quaint little shophouses and lesser-known local gems just around the corner.
To assist the Chinese Executive Chef in the efficient management of the Chinese restaurant kitchen.
- To work closely with the team and Executive Chef on day-to-day operation.
- To practise innovation and creativity by constantly introducing new creations and presentations of the Cantonese cuisine.
- To be responsible for the total quality of food prepared which call for checks on taste, temperature, portioning and visual appearance of food.
- To match volume of food prepared in accordance with business thereby avoiding over-production or under-production. Right sizing of food production prevents food wastage and keeps food cost within budget.
- Responsible to ensure foods received are of the freshest quality and of accurate weight as ordered.
- To provide feedback and actively participate in the development of the menus. This work is done in conjunction with the Chinese Executive Chef and it encompasses pricing decisions and review of menu on regular basis thereby promoting the competitiveness of food.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness of the kitchen with staff under his care observing strict rules of personal hygiene as stipulated by the National Environment Agency and in compliance with HACCP standards.
- To ensure that the kitchen runs on the approved manpower budget without incurring unnecessary expenses via overtime, etc.
- To ensure that food cost is kept within approved budget.
- To achieve a high standard of food quality which meets the expectations of hotel guests
- Responsible for the training of staff in cuisine knowledge.
- To ensure that kitchen staffs are properly trained in their respective duty areas thereby producing a high standard of food expected of them.
- To be responsible for staff retention in the kitchen and take appropriate measures in furtherance of staff stability.
- To ensure that all kitchen equipment are kept in good working conditions and that they are serviced in accordance with suppliers’ recommendations thereby protecting their long term investment value.
- To ensure that the kitchens are in a neat and clean condition thereby posing no safety threat to kitchen staff.
- To actively contribute in the business by producing good quality food at competitive prices which meets the expectations of customers
- To undertake any other related task/duty/assignment that may be given by the Chinese Executive Chef.
- Skilful culinary expertise in menu planning and knowledgeable in Chinese cuisine setup procedures.
- High customer service focus.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to develop and test recipes and/or techniques for food preparation/presentation.
HOW TO APPLY
Please write in with your detailed resume and email us at email@example.com
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.