Director of Sales and Marketing
PARKROYAL on Beach Road, Singapore
Located conveniently in downtown Singapore, a stay at PARKROYAL on Beach Road hotel places you in the vicinity of Marina Bay – the doorstep to the city’s premier business and leisure destinations.
Get to popular world-class Singapore attractions such as the Merlion and the Esplanade easily within minutes, or explore quaint little shophouses and lesser-known local gems just around the corner.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Sales & Marketing (DoSM) is responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long term, targeted towards existing and new markets by performing and directing the day-to-day activities. He / She will plan, organise, develop and communicate strategies and goals for the team which include Room Sales, Catering Sales and Marketing & Communications. The DoSM is responsible for driving the teams in developing new accounts, nurturing existing accounts, and implementing sales and marketing strategies. He / She will work with PPHG Corporate Marketing & Brands and Sales & Revenue Performance Teams to create and implement hotel level tactical sales and marketing plans, analyse current potential market and sales trends and spearhead all activities to increase revenue and market share through added business volume and increased rate for the hotel in all market segments.
- Develop and implement strategic sales & marketing plans and take effective actions to achieve Room and Catering sales revenue in order to optimise general business opportunities.
- Develop and manage sales/marketing operating budgets, be in control of expenses and apply the best possible costs management in his/her responsibility.
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Observe and evaluate the market and main competitors, identify trend and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions so as to achieve satisfactory market share in relation to industry and economic trends.
- Establish realistic yet challenging sales targets and measure the effectiveness of strategies, tactical actions and performances of the sales team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners and network business relations to corporate clients, like airlines, tourist offices, travel / destination management companies etc.
- Oversee advertising and promotional activities, including print, online, electronic media, direct mail, etc and guide preparation of marketing activity reports.
- Direct marketing activities and ensure effective results within designated budgets. Maintain consistent PARKROYAL Brand standards throughout all products, promotional material and events.
- Direct the effective distribution of product via various channels and develop effective strategies to maximise yield.
- Meet with key clients, assisting sales team with managing relationships to negotiate and close deals.
- Represent the hotel at Trade Shows, Sales Calls & Conferences to promote the hotel and its products whilst seeking new business opportunities.
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposal client base expansion to evaluate production and plan for future sustained business.
Human Capital & Development
- Responsible for developing and retain both highly-motivated and productive teams who are committed to deliver hotel goals.
- Responsible for recruitment of new Associates for the teams.
- Involve in handling disciplinary matters related to teams and takes appropriate actions to ensure adherence to the code of conduct of associates.
- Conduct performance review of teams and provide feedback on their respective performance.
- Identify the training needs of the associates and further develop talents who show greater potential through development plans and coaching.
- Take responsibility for staff retention and adopt appropriate measures in building highly engaged teams.
- Support the Mission, Purpose and Values of the Pan Pacific Hotels Group.
- Comply with all relevant Workplace Safety & Health practices and maintain a safe workplace for all associates.
- Adhere to grooming and hygiene standards set by the Hotel.
- Exercise responsible behaviour at all times to uphold the image and reputation of the Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Hotel and department.
- Ensure that the Hotel’s properties and facilities are protected and are kept in good working condition. Reports any loss or damage to the Hotel’s properties and facilities promptly and appropriately.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Possess a minimum of 6-years of Sales experience within the hospitality industry
- Minimum of 2-years of experience as Director of Sales in a 4/5 star hotel
- Experience in selling across geographical / industry markets
- Proven track record in generating revenue within a corporate sales function
- Has exposure to developing and formulating department or team revenue goals
- Wide network of contacts in relevant fields
- Minimum Diploma from a recognised hospitality or tertiary institution
- Hands on, driven and self-motivated individual who has keen sense of business acumen
- Possesses high level of integrity, respect for others and strong client focus
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade and obtain “buy-in” from both internal and external stakeholders
- Creative in formulating tactical and strategic sales roadmap for the team
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Results-oriented team player, strong leadership and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to attract, lead and develop sales team in strategic decision making and taking initiative to go beyond what is expected to achieve high performance
- Take responsibilities, engaged and own challenges
- Able to contribute an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere
- Flexibility to incorporate travel, evening and weekend work into their lifestyle
How to Apply
Please write in with your detailed resume and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We apologize that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.