PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road
At PARKROYAL Hotels & Resorts, we connect our guests to the very best local experience around the world. At the heart of that brand promise are our PARKROYAL people. Come join us and be part of the dynamic PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road Singapore team. We are located opposite City Square Mall (Farrer Park MRT Station).
The Sales Manager will assist the Director of Sales to increase corporate client base through consistent solicitations while establishing trust and rapport with clients to generate and boost revenues within PPHG group. The Sales Manager services new and existing accounts to ensure repeat business. This position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Identify business trends and marketing opportunities that can improve the hotels performance.
- Continuously solicit for new business that expands our client base using action plans focused on the market segment identified by the Director of Sales
- Prospecting and growing an account list, handling incoming leads and closing sales
- Plan, execute and follow-up on sales trips as approved
- Work closely with other sales associates and calling in on important customers and establishing multiple levels of contacts within the customer’s organisation
- Participate in the sales meetings by sharing latest market trends and new business development opportunities and activities
- Practice professional account qualification on a consistent basis (i.e., measure budget needs, date flexibility, space requirement, competitive information etc).
- Attend tradeshows, travel functions, major business functions or as required/directed by the Director of Sales
- Organizes familiarization of hotels and their facilities with clients and potential ones.
- Responsible for an assigned sales target in accordance to Cluster segmentation - Work closely with each salesperson and identify opportunities and ways to maximize and exceed personal and team revenue goals
- Support and assist in the development of the annual Business Plan, Hotel Budget and Marketing Plan as requested by the Director of Sales
- Gain excellent knowledge of the hotel facilities and services within PPHG and apply that knowledge in selling against our competitors
- Create excellent client relationship through attention to detail; prompt follow up and empathy for customer perceptions and needs whilst maintaining professionalism
- Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Take ownership of daily sales activities and maximize the productivity by following a system of weekly and monthly action plans
- Demonstrate good working relationship with other departments maintaining effective communication and teamwork
- Complete small administrative tasks on your own (i.e., photocopying, filing) where possible.
- Possess a commitment to the quality of all departmental records (i.e., computerised mailing list) which impacts the workload of support associates.
- Comprehend, digest and comply to hotel policies and procedure as described in the Associate Handbook and other documents.
- Support and uphold the Hotel’s mission, vision and guiding principles
- Adhere to all established policies and procedures relating to administration of accounts and ultimate booking of business
- Other duties assigned by the Director of Sales when required from time to time
- Minimum Diploma in any discipline
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience within a multinational organization with proven sales track record
- Professionalism and outstanding people relation skills
- Inspiring associates to perform their work scope with a high level of quality and integrity
- Sales champion and Innovative thinking
- Comply with all local regulations (if any)
- Maintain highest standards of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards associates, guests/customers, suppliers and other clients.
- Experience in preparing RFP’s (Request for Proposal) and group contracts
- Driven, self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Good influencing skills and the ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of which will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
- An excellent team player who is able to work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We apologize that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.