Assistant Executive Housekeeper
PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road
At PARKROYAL Hotels & Resorts, we connect our guests to the very best local experience around the world. At the heart of that brand promise are our PARKROYAL people. Come join us and be part of the dynamic PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road Singapore team.
To assist the Executive Housekeeper in the supervising and running of the department. To establish an effective and efficient operation of the department. To upkeep a well-organized team of staff towards ensuring a clean and well maintained hotel. To deal with all level of employees in the hotel. Its principal role is the maintenance of cleanliness, orderliness and general appearance of the hotel and ensuring that all hotel guests receive a high level of housekeeping services.
• To assist the Executive Housekeeper on prepare the hotel’s annual housekeeping budget and submit to management for approval. The annual budget should include manpower requirement, capital requisition, supplies and amenities, housekeeping inventories.
• To ensure hotel’s good image / cleanliness and the satisfaction of hotel guests that they are receiving excellent services from the hotel.
• To direct the daily housekeeping activities of the hotel and co-ordinate such activities through a team of junior housekeepers and the Assistant Housekeepers.
• To promote the hotel’s quality service standards and ensure that the hotel provides its guests with excellent housekeeping services such clean linen and laundry services besides cleanliness of hotel and its facilities.
• To supervise housekeeping supervisory staff and ensure that they carry out their duties diligently so as to deliver a high level of service standard which are in line with performance standards established by the hotel.
• To assist the Executive Housekeeper in the review the operational procedures of housekeeping activities in the hotel with the intent of improving efficiency of housekeeping staff and cost reduction for the department through savings from manpower, amenities, etc.
• To ensure that the department is efficiently run manpower-wise with staff rostered for duties when and where they are needed most.
• To conduct performance review of department staff and provide honest feedback on their respective performance, the aim being to guide and improve performance where there is shortfall in performance and reinforce and performance if performance has reached an acceptable level of competency.
• To ensure trainings are carried out for the staff and pay close attention to staff training and that staff in particular receive departmental SOP training in the first instance. To further develop staff with better potential such for career enhancement reasons.
• To be attentive to staff concerns and requirement with and work towards staff retention in the department and provide necessary feedback to management for appropriate actions.
• To ensure that all housekeeping equipment are kept in good working conditions and that they are serviced in accordance with the manufacturers' recommendations thereby protecting their long-term investment value.
• To ensure that the department staff discharge their duties in the most efficient manner and release rooms to Front Office for sales in the shortest time possible thereby maximizing revenue for the hotel.
• To ensure the proper inventory management of housekeeping supplies and amenities, linen, etc and ensure that adequate stocks are available to meet the operational requirements of the hotel.
• Minimum 8-10 years of housekeeping experience, which will include 3-4 years of housekeeping management experience.
• Excellent knowledge of housekeeping function in either a hotel or hospital.
• Management and leadership experience in team or group environment in either a hotel or hospital.
• At least a diploma in housekeeping services from SHATEC or equivalent institution.
• Possess “can-do” attitude to internal and external customers
• Excellent ability to handle pressure.
• Constantly deal with English & Mandarin speaking internal and external customers. Fluent in English & Mandarin is a must.
How To Apply
Interested applicants, please email a detailed resume stating your contact number(s), current and expected salaries to email@example.com.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.