Director of Sales & Marketing
PARKROYAL Serviced Suites Kuala Lumpur
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Sales & Marketing (DoSM) is responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long term, targeted towards existing and new markets by performing and directing the day-to-day activities. He / She will plan, organise, develop and communicate strategies and goals for the team which include Room Sales, Catering Sales and Marketing & Communications. The DoSM is responsible for driving the teams in developing new accounts, nurturing existing accounts, and implementing sales and marketing strategies. He / She will work with PPHG Corporate Marketing & Brands and Sales & Revenue Performance Teams to create and implement hotel level tactical sales and marketing plans, analyse current potential market and sales trends and spearhead all activities to increase revenue and market share through added business volume and increased rate for the hotel in all market segments.
- Maintain and promote a team work environment with effective and clear communication amongst colleagues.
- Ensure best client service is being made available through communication amongst the team, cross training within the department and appropriate office coverage.
- Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment led by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Set example through professional, friendly attitude towards clients and co-workers, timely response to client and co-workers needs and observance of office standard.
- Ensure meets or exceed budgeted goals.
- Maintaining good reputation and relationship with the top and existing accounts.
- Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
- Creating a focus on attracting new business.
- Updating and owning the sales strategy & sales plan with the General Manager.
- Review and approves corporate & travel agent negotiated rates by signing the agreement according to the approved rate grid by PPHG corporate office.
- Provide positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential.
- Leads on-property sales functions to build long-term, value based customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales objectives.
- Recommends monthly room nights and revenue target goals for sales team members.
- Participates in sales call with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Develop and send informative press releases to targeted lists highlighting all activities and promotions.
- Oversee and ensure the update of rates, promotions on brand website, OTS, GDS, travel agent etc without any rate parity
- Responsible for the training of sales team
- Follow and promote the properties standards with guest, co-workers
- Evaluates and drives the properties participation in the various sales channels, market sales, event booking centres, electronic lead channels, etc.
- Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (eg. Generating proposal, writing contract, guest correspondence).
- Develops and implements strategic Sales & Marketing plans and forecast to achieve corporate objective.
- Develop a sales plan which accurately interprets the objectives of the business and uses this to communicate with and to focus the team and own efforts.
- Assists the Corporate Sales Teams and administrator in developing key account plans, detailing objectives, timescales and sales methods to support the defined account strategy.
- Ensuring that all details of accounts and the direct report's account are kept up to date and accurate within OPERA.
- Identifies, develops, and evaluates marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and mark up factors.
- Assists in preparation, administration and documentation of proposals & agreement.
- Aids in conducting presentations to prospective clients.
- Coordinates and participates in promotional activities and trade shows, working with developers, advertisers, and production managers, to market the serviced apartment.
- Prepares monthly reports of leasing for review of plans and procedures.
- Oversees the maintenance of clients' database and information.
- Conducts economic and commercial surveys to identify potential markets for the Company.
- Interact closely with all other serviced suites' departments.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university, college of hotel school.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Good spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Possess good management skills and problem solving skills.
- Good leadership qualities and high sense of integrity.
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.