Events Sales Manager
PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur
PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur is managed by Pan Pacific Hotels Group. Centrally located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur’s prime business, shopping and entertainment districts, it is only 45 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and a stone's throw away from the Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC).
The Hotel offers a collection of 426 well-appointed rooms including 348 Superior, Deluxe and Suite rooms and 78 Orchid Club rooms & Suites which were added to the inventory in April 2008. The Orchid Club lounge on Level 6, is the largest lounge of its kind in the city, offering exclusivity, relaxation and personalised service.
The hotel offers a large choice of meeting rooms’ space ranging from small, medium to large meetings, with 2 ballrooms and 12 meeting rooms totaling over 2,000 square metres of space. Leisure facilities include St. Gregory Spa, a fitness centre, an outdoor swimming pool and dining options, which include 4 restaurants and a lounge.
Reporting to the Restaurants, Bars & Events Manager, the successful incumbent will be responsible to promote the Hotel's social dinner and wedding packages, and to implement sales strategy in order to achieve the set forth Hotel's banquet target.
• To promote the Hotel’s social dinner and wedding packages through sales calls, blitz and wedding exhibitions
• To work on the implementation of sales strategy in order to achieve the set forth Hotel’s banquet target
• To handle guest’s inquiries in a timely and professional manner, and ensure all queries are followed through
• To assist with and coordinate all selling activities and to communicate these activities throughout the Hotel
• To prepare Banquet Event Order and Menu for events according to guest’s requirements and communicate these requirements to all relevant parties
• To ensure all function requirements are carried out accordingly by the Banquet team
• To maintain a complete guests’ database and ensure implementation of appropriate sales development and acquisition activities
• To attend to incoming inquiry emails, Hotel’s inspections, and ensure all inquiries are followed through in a timely and professional manner
• To arrange and organize food tasting session as and when required
• To follow through closely with deposit payment and any outstanding payment balance
• To assist in generating sales & catering report as required
• Incumbent will also be required to assist in the preparation process of other Hotel’s functions
• Possess Diploma / Degree in Hotel & Catering / Hotel Management / Sales & Marketing or equivalent
• Possess 4 to 5 years of working experience in a reputable 4 or 5 star Hotel property, preferably in Sales & Marketing and / or specialized in Events
• Proven sales track records with established business network and accounts with Corporate agencies.
• Good command in written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia
• Possess pleasant personality, good interpersonal and communication skills
• Meticulous and eye for detail
• Positive work attitude and able to work in a team environment
• Possess own transport and willing to travel
How to Apply
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified