Executive Sous Chef
PARKROYAL on Beach Road, Singapore
Located conveniently in downtown Singapore, a stay at PARKROYAL on Beach Road hotel places you in the vicinity of Marina Bay – the doorstep to the city’s premier business and leisure destinations.
Get to popular world-class Singapore attractions such as the Merlion and the Esplanade easily within minutes, or explore quaint little shophouses and lesser-known local gems just around the corner.
To function as a Production Manager overseeing the production of food and guest service and to assist each Outlet Sous Chef in the preparation of menus which meet the market needs. To assist with training and developing culinary employees in all areas. To coordinate between material management and the Sous Chef/Chinese Kitchen Chef.
- To ensure that all outlet kitchens adhere to Company and Hotel Policies and Procedures and minimum standards.
- To ensure that each Sous Chef prepares and updates the relevant section of the Departmental Operations Manuals.
- To monitor food standards in each outlet and banquet. To work with the Outlet Sous Chef to take corrective action where appropriate.
- To coordinate the stewarding requirements of the Kitchens.
- To keep the Sous Chef up to date with seasonally available meats, fish and produce on the local market.
- To assist the Purchasing Officer in setting performance standards for the commissary kitchen.
- To assist in the development of product specifications for all menus.
- To encourage Sous Chef to be innovative and creative.
- To ensure that product consistency in quality of appearance and taste.
- To assist Outlet Managers in maintaining a high quality operation in service and cleanliness.
- To assist the Purchasing Officer in the cost effective production of raw products.
- To liaise closely with the Purchasing Officer in the event of price fluctuation of fresh products.
- To continuously test, along with the Executive Chef new products on the market.
- To conduct meetings with the Executive Chef and the Outlet Management teams.
To share with the Executive Chef the responsibility to maximize revenue and profits.
- To ensure accurate maintenance of food recipe data.
- To ensure that each outlet and Banquet Sous Chef run their kitchens at an acceptable food cost.
- To ensure that Sous Chef are maximizing employee productivity to minimize payroll costs.
- To assist each Sous Chef with the preparation of annual operating budgets which will form part of the Business Plan.
- To monitor all kitchen related costs and recommend changes to each of the Sous Chef where appropriate.
- To work with the Executive Chef in setting appropriate incentive schemes for all kitchen staff.
- To achieve a high standard of food quality which meets the expectations of hotel guests?
Human Resource Management
- To identify training needs and plan training programs for the employees.
- To conduct training for the staff in accordance to the Annual Training Plan in order that employees have the necessary skills to perform their duties.
- To liaise and inform Food & Beverage Department and Human Resources Department of all training sessions.
- To develop departmental trainers and assign training responsibilities.
- To select employees for each outlet and kitchens.
- To train and develop each Sous Chef so that they are able to operate independently and creatively within their own profit center.
- To ensure that each Sous Chef plans and implements effective training programmes for their respective kitchen and that they consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- To ensure that all employees understand and strictly adhere to the Rules and Regulations established in the Employees Handbook.
- To ensure that all employees understand and strictly adhere to the Hotel’s Policies on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- To ensure that all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
- To supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Departmental Operations Manual.
- To ensure that all equipment are kept in good working conditions and that they are serviced in accordance with suppliers’ recommendations thereby protecting their long term investment value.
- To ensure that the kitchen is kept in a neat and clean condition thereby posing no safety threat to kitchen staff.
- To identify market needs and trends in terms of food for both hotel guests and the local market.
- To monitor and analyze the menus and product of competitive restaurants and other hotel banqueting departments.
- To ensure that all Sous Chef are fully aware of market needs and that their product meets their requirements.
- To plan and implement in conjunction with the Executive Chef, Restaurant Manager and Sous Chef effective food promotion.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with established hotels in similar capacity.
- Minimum Secondary 3 education.
- NTC 3/2 Certificate in food preparation.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to read, understands, follows, and enforces safety procedures.
- Ability to plan a variety of menus.
- Ability to coordinate quality assurance programs in area of specialty.
- Creative and vast culinary knowledge
how to apply
Please write in with your detailed resume and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We apologize that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.