PARKROYAL on Pickering, a PARKROYAL Collection hotel
With a stunning hotel-in-a-garden concept incorporating 15,000 square metres of lush greenery, PARKROYAL on Pickering, a PARKROYAL Collection hotel, breathes new life into urban hospitality with an array of energy-saving features. Strategically located in Chinatown, at the gateway to the Central Business District and Clarke Quay, this iconic hotel connects you to the best Singapore has to offer.
The incumbent is responsible for meeting guest satisfaction by maintaining guest rooms and surrounding areas by ensuring that rooms are clean and ready for check-in. He/she will assist Executive Housekeeper and her assistant to provide Housekeeping services for the guests.
- Perform daily inspection of rooms. Ensure established standards on cleanliness of rooms are met and guest supplies are maintained. Release rooms to the Front Office in the shortest time possible for sales.
- Supervise Room Attendant, Houseman/ Housemaid and Public Area Attendant.
- Ensure correct work procedures and proper usage of equipment for cleaning are followed in order to achieve maximum efficiency in the performance of the associates.
- Check cleaning equipment and ensure that all equipment are properly maintained and in working order.
- Assign rooms for cleaning. Ensure equal distribution of rooms to Room Attendant, and that all occupied and check-out rooms are cleaned.
- Check Room Attendant Report against the Room Status in the computer system. Ensure that all room movements are updated regularly and correctly reflected to allow Front Office in the sales of rooms. Report to Executive Housekeeper / Assistant Housekeeper on any discrepancy in the room status.
- Prepare Maintenance Reports on repairs / defects of rooms and public areas. Follow-up and ensure that the repairs and defects are attended to.
- Issue master key cards and pagers to Room Attendant, Houseman/Housemaid and Public Area Attendant. Check all master key cards at start of shift before they are issued and end of shift for the return of key cards.
- Maintain Lost and Found Register. Ensure that all articles are properly recorded, and to keep under lock in the Lost and Found cupboard. Articles claimed are to be properly documented in the Lost and Found cupboard. All cash and valuables found are to be handed over to the Executive Housekeeper for safe-keeping.
- Establish inventory control over rollaway beds, baby-cots, irons and ironing boards. To ensure that they are properly maintained and stored.
- Check F&B outlets and public areas. Ensure the established standard of cleanliness is maintained by the general cleaners and that the proper chemicals and equipment are used and cleaning procedures and schedules are followed. Report on repairs and faults and follow-up to ensure that they are attended to.
- Minimum of 3 years as a Room Attendant and at least 1 year experience as a housekeeping supervisor.
- Candidate must possess at least Secondary education or equivalent.
- A team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Good leadership qualities