PARKROYAL Darling Harbour, Sydney
Pan Pacific Hotel Group operates over 30 hotels, resorts and serviced suites in the Asia Pacific region. We are seeking talented and passionate people who share our Vision of 'Creating Memorable Hotels Experiences' and our Purpose of ‘Great Brands, Great Hotels, Great People and Great Relationships'. Our two internationally renowned brands; PARKROYAL and Pan Pacific, offers guests and associates a distinct and special experience.
We are currently seeking an IT Manager to work across both of our Sydney properties including Darling Harbour and Parramatta. It is currently a very exciting time for the company because in March 2015 PARKROYAL Parramatta commenced a $25 million dollar extension project which will make PARKROYAL Parramatta the largest hotel in Parramatta – boasting 286 guestrooms – by July 2016. In addition there will be a club lounge and four new meeting rooms which will bring PARKROYAL Parramatta's total number of conference and meeting spaces to 12 rooms, making it the largest meetings and events hotel in Parramatta and thus setting a new benchmark of accommodation, facility and service distinction in the area.
Responsible and key person for managing the System and Network Infrastructure consisting of 40 servers
Proactively monitor the servers and network infrastructure to ensure maximum uptime
- Review all proposals for expenditure including Capital Expenditure and operational financing in respect of Information Technology projects and ensure all such approved projects are successfully implemented to ensure maximum return on investment
- Review and advise on all IT contracts and where required ensure all vendors meet contractual requirements
- To maintain and implement systems to ensure the security of all intellectual data of the hotel. Ensure adequate Firewalls and any other appropriate security mechanisms, and ensure these are maintained to standards considered appropriate for the protection of the business
- Have and continue to keep up to date with latest developments within the Hospitality industry from a hotel, owner, Associate and customer point of view
- Recommend developments in light of changing Information Technology systems to ensure the Hotel maintain sufficient IT functionality in order to maintain competitiveness
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology
- Experience and understanding of Microsoft Office, Windows Environment, VMWare and Network Administration
- At least 8 years of relevant experience, with 5 years in a similar capacity/position
- Managerial knowledge in the Hospitality Industry
Have demonstrated proven ability in the management and development of MIS Systems in a hotel capacity
Experience in a leadership role that involved strategic planning and implementation of MIS Hotel related systems
Have formal internationally recognised qualifications in telecommunications or proven success and hands on experience in this field
A working knowledge of Hotel Systems including Hardware setup and Configuration, Project Management and System cut-overs
Proven record of success in an equivalent IT role in an equivalent environment
Able to perform Strategic planning and have a proven track record of successfully implementing that plan within an equivalent organization
To have a strong proven track record of effective client relationship management with business partners in the field of Hospitality Information systems
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants, please email a detailed resume stating your contact number(s), current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest however only shortlisted candidates will be notified.