Operations Manager (Duty Manager)
PARKROYAL on Pickering, a PARKROYAL Collection hotel
With a stunning hotel-in-a-garden concept incorporating 15,000 square metres of lush greenery, PARKROYAL on Pickering, a PARKROYAL Collection hotel, breathes new life into urban hospitality with an array of energy-saving features. Strategically located in Chinatown, at the gateway to the Central Business District and Clarke Quay, this iconic hotel connects you to the best Singapore has to offer.
Direct, monitor and supervise the day-to-day activities of all sections within the Front Office and other services rendered by other operational departments of the Hotel to ensure smooth operations and guest satisfaction in line with the established standards and policies of the Hotel.
- Supervise sections in Guest Services, such as Front Desk, One-Connect, Concierge and baggage services. Monitor the junior associate’s conduct and job performance and to ensure that all associates project a positive corporate image to guests.
- Ensure that guests are attended to with promptness, courtesy and efficiency and that guest complaints are handled with tact and diplomacy. Assist in checking in / out of guests.
- Assist to inspect rooms assigned to VIPs before their arrival. Meet and escort the VIPs to their rooms and ensure that the complimentary amenities are provided. Ensure that GM, PA to GM, Sales and other relevant Departments are informed of the VIPs.
- Perform duties pertaining to security such as directing guests reporting incidents, thefts, or any offences to the Security department for assistance and handle matters concerning guest’s undesirable conduct in rooms / public areas or undesirable persons loitering around in co-ordination with the security department.
- Maintain cash float amount in accordance with expected occupancy. Authorise rate and room changes, paid outs, cash advances, acceptance of cheques according to procedures and credit policies.
- Responsible for training of all Front Office associates including planning, organising and conducting OJT.
- Monitor room inventory closely to ensure maximum utilisation of rooms to generate higher revenue. Assist Sales to maximise revenue and occupancy from group allotments.
- Directly responsible for the evacuation of associates and guests during emergency.
- Conduct random checks on hotel driveway to ensure smooth traffic flow.
- Handle all tasks/duties as directed by the Management.
- To log in the DM log on any incidents or complaint from the guest.
- To ensure a smooth flow of check in and check out.
- Minimum Diploma in any discipline
- Minimum 2 years of Front Office experience
- Driven, self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Good influencing skills and the ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of which will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
- An excellent team player who is able to work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.