New “Pan Pacific” and PARKROYAL websites deliver improved user experience, guarantee best rate for direct bookings
Mobile optimised and available in three languages, the websites feature impactful and intuitive design, richer promotional content, a simplified booking process and guarantee to be the lowest cost booking channel.
Singapore, 29 April 2014 – Following a S$2 million investment, strategic consumer research and intensive revamp efforts, Pan Pacific Hotels Group has launched its new Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts (www.panpacific.com) and PARKROYAL Hotels & Resorts (www.parkroyalhotels.com) websites, delivering a more engaging user experience through impactful and intuitive design, richer promotional content and social media integration.
The refreshment exercise is based on an in-depth study of the browsing habits and booking preferences of past and existing users, competitive bench-marking analysis and takes into account the latest travel and technology trends.
“As more and more travellers choose to research, network and book online for their travel needs, the online space presents a vital opportunity with tremendous potential for the Group to educate and engage with our target customers about the unique customer value propositions of our “Pan Pacific” and PARKROYAL brands,” says Bernold O. Schroeder, Chief Executive Officer, Pan Pacific Hotels Group.
“Designed to reflect the industry’s best standards in terms of technology, user experience and performance, our new brands websites will revolutionise the way we interact with customers online and underscore the Group’s on-going commitment to deliver the most authentic “Pan Pacific” and PARKROYAL brand experiences consistently throughout all our customer touch points.”
Searchable and bookable in three languages – English, Chinese and Japanese – the new panpacific.com and parkroyalhotels.com will feature:
- Visual-centric design – Vibrant imagery showcasing facets of each of the Group’s properties and destinations across Asia, Oceania and North America engages customers in an immersive brand and property experience.
- Intuitive navigation – Drawing direct insights from consumer research, the new websites have adopted an improved layout for intuitive navigation.
The most searched-for information, i.e. rooms, destinations, photo galleries and offers, is now more prominently displayed, making them accessible within a fewer number of clicks.
Meanwhile, the classification of each “Pan Pacific” and PARKROYAL property’s offerings under the three main pillars of “STAY”, “MEET” and “CELEBRATE” allows customers to easily find information on rooms, venue capacities, promotions and packages, relevant to different purposes.
Another new key feature is the comprehensive listing of average daily rates of rooms across all categories within a booking enquiry, accompanied by room pictures and descriptions, to help customers make informed comparisons conveniently.
- A simplified and faster booking process – With a streamlined booking process that features a reduced number of mandatory profiles fields, customers will now find it quicker and easier to complete a booking. The websites have also been optimised for all mobile phones and handheld devices, making surfing and booking easier on the go.
- eDirect booking tool for corporate and social events – To facilitate the planning needs of corporate bookers and event organisers, the new “Pan Pacific” and PARKROYAL websites offer an eDirect booking tool. This is an automated booking process enabling corporate bookers and event organisers to book their pre-negotiated rates online at their own convenience, using a customised, private URL with a personalised booking page.
- Integration of social media content – Understanding the prevailing influence of social media on travel decisions, the integration of live Twitter and Facebook feeds as well as TripAdvisor reviews on the brands websites give customers direct access to the latest social media posts and conversations, encouraging them to share their travel experiences in turn.
- The Direct Advantage – As a commitment to offer the best value to customers, “The Direct Advantage” on panpacific.com and parkroyalhotels.com is a best rate guarantee to all who book direct on these official brand websites. Other benefits of “The Direct Advantage” include guaranteed reservations, no booking fees and loyalty programme benefits when customers sign up as members.
Headquartered in Singapore, Pan Pacific Hotels Group currently owns and/or manages 18 “Pan Pacific” and 13 PARKROYAL hotels, resorts and serviced suites across Asia, Oceania and North America. It also has within its pipeline seven hotels in Australia, China, Indonesia and Myanmar.
The “Pan Pacific” brand proposition of “Your refreshing Pacific experience” highlights its focus on providing enriching experiences that draw on a diversity of landscapes and cultures along the Pacific Rim, and relevant choices that convey freedom and individuality.
Meanwhile, PARKROYAL’s “Your Trusted Local Companion” is the brand’s promise to support guests with a caring human touch and connect them to the best authentic local experiences each destination has to offer.